A came across this thing. Never heard of it before. It seems like a VTech experiment with 8-bit technologies in late 80s. VTech was making all kind of 8-bit machines at the time. I loved their Laser 3, 4, 5 series. They also made a very cool Laser 128 (Apple II clone) that was pretty popular back in the days.
What I like about this one is that it comes with bundle of software in ROM so when you turn it on it already has Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Calendar, and of course Basic programming language. I like the fact that it also has Basic Tutor in there so i can let my kids play with the examples.
Another cool feature is that it has small LCD screen so it can be used as a laptop (uses I believe C type batteries). When you turn it on, you select TV or LCD and selected screen is used. On TV it has option for 40/80 columns. 80 columns looked horrible on my TV. 40 is OK.
I will play little bit more with built-in applications, maybe a make another post here.
Have info on it?
Will try to search for more info on it. If anyone has some documents, links, schematics, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment