Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Zastava 750 (Cararama 1:43)

What is that?



Looks like Fiat 600 from 60s, in a way it is. Lot of European car makers in 60s, 70s, and even 80s (Zastava) were making copies or their own variants of Fiat 600. Zastava 750 has little stronger engine (750cc) and there was also a version with 850cc, which was flying. In former Yugoslavia it was called Fica or Ficko (check movie "Nacionalna Klasa"). Some (rarely) called it Figuar (any similarity with Jaguar is a pure coincidence). Lots of fun to drive. Even funnier when I tell you I am 6'4" (192cm).


Anyways, this one here is a little model, scale 1:43 to the real one. I bought couple of these recently primarily from my personal Yugo-nostalgia, but also I have to admit the level of details on such a small diecast model deserves every admiration. Please note that the length is around 2" (5cm) on this one. Feel free to click on pictures to zoom in.


This one has Yugo "license plates". I got a police one, too. Will follow up with pictures. Anyone has 1:43 scale Yugo or Zastava 101?

No comments: